Saturday 14 September 2013

Angels can fly in the rain

I awoke at a call in the morning just past two
That and the sound of the rain on the roof
My mind went cold as I suddenly thought of you
It was an officer and of trouble seemed proof.

His words were a blur and seemed to be slow
Still waking up, my thoughts scattered everywhere
He asked if I’m sitting, there’s something to know
And my confused face turned a pale blank stare.

As if unreal his story unfolds
My whole body shaking but tense
Cracking from the inside my mind explodes
This is a dream no other makes sense.

I rush to my coat, my keys, my car
Down the wet road at fastest flight
And I am not even driving that far
Arriving at a blinding blue light sight.

Through the chaos I saw you laying still
Next to your upside-down car by a tree
Breathing slowly as tonight last it will
I realize that this is your final moment with me.

Your final breath to your lips then brought
No more hurt, no more pain
As I looked up it was the first time I thought
Angels can fly in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment