Sunday 15 December 2013

A year's footsteps

About to get off at the end of the line
Another eventful year left us for new
I wonder if ever we needed more time?
But no, exactly that makes greatness few.

It started on a boat, strange enough
On deep sea with no worries about
Then up and down with the tide rough
Ending abruptly with no whisper or shout.

Onward we march, through dip and ditch
Accepting that two ways these paths lead
Fear struck back unto an old hitch
'Twas then I should have taken heed.

Then I secured myself for a while
Recover from disappointment slow
Shipping all thoughts of her unto a pile
And a new fondness started to grow.

Golden laugh and time spent sure
It seemed bright and hope to arise
But alas not returned and no allure
Again found wanting the days and prize.

This ride of life swaying to and fro
Recover once more and from now on
Get up and on from ashes, here I go
Just once not to burn like the sun.

Yet it seemed a shadow followed me
A friend most desired found
Back I fell into an open flame be
I cannot believe my path so round.

Never mind, a success rate can be of a hundred, one
It means that there is always hope around
So up my head and say I am not done
One day she will be found!

Other stories to be told, forget not
That expectations surrounded me from all
And month after month I rose to each shot
Owning in the end, missing where I once had a fall.

Friends in new light heard and so began
A whole new chapter in this story of life
Weeks of laughter brought view widening pan
I see better through it, sharper than a knife.

Finally I felt the path rise to the sky
As worries faded and made way to
Ecstasy again and again, removed shy
Believing is all I ever had to do.

He provided time after time, never letting go
This year was a painful one, never forget
But it gave me a chance to show
Becoming myself, this year I'll never regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment