Tuesday 4 February 2014

There you were

And suddenly there you are
Like you always were before
But something changed
I see you a whole lot more.

Not just see, but witness
The splendour of you
Somehow I feel a smile
Placed by what you do.

I daydream about wanting
To be with you, that's when
I catch myself wondering
About your laugh again.

What few words we since shared
Show me great conversation
A long awaited happy thought
Wakes me from hibernation.

I say once more; that your words
Inspire me as only few ever could
And then even more than I knew
For this life do anything I would.

I look for your eyes in the crowd 
Selfishly wishing they were looking at me 
Maybe a surprise or two await in time
That for unknown reasons will enough be.

The adventure embarking waits
Take my hand and open your eyes
I will show you a world unknown excite
As sure as the sun will tomorrow rise.

And with me in this moment
With endless possibilities vast
Suddenly here you are
Where you belong at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment