Wednesday 13 November 2013

Relationship Status Part II

When said and done all thoughts and prayers
The sun setting in the far west
And it is time to head upstairs
To lay our tired bodies rest.

The light is spent and I try to think blank
My heart slows down, my breathing too
But my thoughts speed up to fully crank
And all I can think about is you.

What should say then rather stay
My heart's guard fought too much pain
I will defend even see what may
My tears fall soft like troubled rain.

I find myself searching when I get
That wrongly placed attention fail
My desire misjudged and therefore met
Not even rumored to casting set sail.

The hurt echoes in my forgiving chest
Then I forget about missing you for a while
I know He thinks for me; only the best
And that is when I catch myself with a smile.

I look for God as he was never lost
But instead myself that wandered far
I will to be near Him at any giving cost
Find myself falling short of glorious par.

I keep putting my hope in people imperfect
Just to be let down like time and time again
When all I ever needed was with You connect
God first and later see what is planned then.

An everlasting truth descends upon me
So simple and we heard it many times freed
Truly trust and faith will conquer be
When God is all you have, you have all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment