Sunday 3 November 2013

A simple conversation

When you least expect it, life happens in front of you
You feel like you ran at speed into a dead stone wall
You feel like you can’t get up or even know what to do
Sometimes it cuts deep…sometimes it’s a wakeup call.

Now, answered, my brain blasting with fear
Through my words I carried this burden to light
Terrified of losing the best friend I feel near
Beginning or end and either way it might.

Said heart thoughts not secret anymore
Waiting on response with beating nerve
Never expecting that you return with sure
Past hurt remind and keep us on reserve.

What happened next no words can ever say
As I sat looking at your beautiful face
Courage arose from a castle strong stay
Every sound I devoured at pace.

My mind completely went out of my being
I would never have believed myself if told
Frustration of waiting and not seeing
Was the cause of unforeseen action cold.

Time passed by as the night grew more
Talked away and from disaster came delight
Better than result I could not wish for
Ended again at the most beautiful sight.

A chance to get to know us in every side shown
To become even better friends than today
No haste, no threat but simply conversation grown
And then from there we’ll find our way.

ps.
I must admit that when we touch
My smile never able to hide or fade
The effect you have on me a much
Better person wanting made.

No comments:

Post a Comment