Sunday 26 January 2014

Today is not that day

Prologue
I truly wanted to be at peace.
I shouldn’t care but for some reason I cannot seem to let it go.
I burden myself with troubles not of my own account and hold on to emotions unwelcome.

***

Your face reminds me of times we laughed
Your movement sings with the song in dance
Your words speak as if nothing was ever wrong
And that, of all, hurts most in every glance.

Advice is welcome here today
I lost my trust in my truth
Actions scratch away at my heart
All I need is words of sooth.

Accused of feelings never existed
Drowns the want of hope
That people are all good at their core
And a noose created with all that rope.

These days make us see darkness
Others deal out pain with no regret
And blinded by their own fake light
I am bitter today with certain sunset.

Eventually it will be fine
But today is not that day
I will be stronger because of it
Eventually it will be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment