Monday 28 October 2013

An almost perfect night

‘Twas again a social invite
A friend of both did send
At first not too great excite
But alas my arm would bend.

All the people of times gone by
Gathered at last at the same place
Greetings to all, the loud and shy
I found myself searching for your face.

Maybe that’s why I found my way
Maybe I knew I’d meet you there
So I did not stay home that day
You were my decision care.

So, awkwardly we met and started
Talking and better it then began seem
You held me back as I to be departed
I can’t help thinking about being a team.

We kept having the best conversation
I wonder how much better this could be
We laughed together on the same station
As all around carried on with glee.

And after it was all done
But not then to be seen
It came in thought as one
Spending light with you I keen.

Closest holding for now enough
Turning the night away and sing
Not to tell forever rough
Only a queen makes a lasting king.

My mind told me that only this
Was found wanting in this night
At the end when truly done, a kiss
But then again one day I might.

It was not the perfect night, no
But it was perfect for us, I do declare
Time given to me for you to show
Till the day that courage doth dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment